Grants, Planning and Housing Coordination Committee – Rocky Archangeli, Chair
The committee is charged with three primary functions:
- Documenting the permanent housing needs for homeless in Saginaw County and reviewing permanent housing application proposals to determine if they meet the community’s needs.
- Work with SC-CHAP staff to a) develop requests for funding timelines, proposals, and applications; b) Determine scoring and threshold criteria, based on HUD guidelines, to be used by the Independent Grant Review Team which reviews and scores applications for ESG and HUD funds.
- Increase the awareness of homelessness in the Saginaw community-at-large and provide information and training for members of SC-CHAP. They will implement and update the 10-year plan, provide advocacy and develop and implement activities such as public relations, Project Homeless Connect activities, and provide information/speakers on issues affecting the homeless for SC-CHAP meetings.
Subcommittees of the Grants, Planning and Housing Coordination Committee:
- The Interagency Service Team will report to the membership on prevention efforts, permanent supportive housing, homeless prevention and rapid re-housing program, homeless assistance recovery program and other tasks as needed.
- Independent Grant Review Team will be made up of community members familiar with existing programs and have experience in dealing with the community’s homeless population (i.e.; pastors, community foundations, previously homeless individuals, DHS, legal services, Housing Commission, etc.) and the Chair of the Grants, Planning and Housing Coordination Committee. They will review each grant request and determine how well it meets the criteria in the RFP and how it ranks based on the grant scoring criteria. Once rankings are completed, this information will be provided to the applicant and the Board.
Governance Committee – Elan Nichols, Chair
The Governance Committee is charged with:
- Reviewing the bylaws as needed, but minimally every 5 years.
- The Governance Committee will entertain nominations during the September meeting of the membership with election of new Board members to occur in December.
- Reviewing Policies and Procedures as needed.
- Coordinating the evaluation process for SC-CHAP staff in concert with the lead agency.
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Committee – Dawn Hessel, Chair
The CQI Committee is charged with:
Reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual CQI reports to monitor, analyze and trend agency performance outcomes for continuous improvement based on key categories mandated by HUD. The Committee will notify agencies who fail to show continued improvements in achieving targets or drop below acceptable outcome levels. Technical assistance will be made available to those agencies struggling to meet targets. The HMIS Systems Administrator will be responsible for generating reports from data entered into HMIS. Individual reports will be generated per agency and SC-CHAP as a whole to monitor compliance. The CQI Committee will annually review identified, measurable performance indicators as directed by HUD and MSHDA and recommend changes, if required, in performance indicators as required.
This Committee is also charged with overseeing the annual Point in Time count and the Housing Inventory Chart data that must be submitted to HUD in preparation for the Annual Housing Assessment Report to Congress.
Ad Hoc Committees:
AdHoc Committees shall be created and filled as the need arises as determined by the Board to facilitate the business of SC-CHAP.